Meet The Team

Advice You Can Trust

Planning Your Financial Future

Investing With Confidence

Independent Mortgage Advice

Life Insurance

Balancing Finances

Your financial security depends on striking a balance between your finances.

At SBFS, we help you tip the balance in your favour, making the most of your money.

Money Management

We can help you to manage your money in ways that suit your needs.

We offer advice that can help you make informed choices that work for you and your wallet.

Financial Options

There are so many financial products on the market, it can be daunting.

Steven Barton can explain the jargon and help you choose the right products and services for you.

About Us

Steven Barton Financial Services was established in 1979 by Steve Barton. We are a regional firm based in Rossendale, Lancashire. The partners, Steve Barton & Steven Lee Barton have a combined total of over 50 years' experience in the Financial Services Industry, working for both product providers and as Financial Advisers.

We are directly authorised by the Financial Conduct Authority to give independent financial advice in many areas including, investment advice, savings plans, pension planning, retirement planning, life insurance, Critical Illness and mortgages.

We aim to provide a personal and tailored service for all our clients, whether private or corporate. Working on a fee basis.

  • Investments
  • Savings
  • Inheritance Tax Planning
  • Retirement Planning
  • Pension Consultancy
  • Residential Mortgage Advice
  • Buy to Let Mortgage Advice
  • Lifetime Mortgage Advice


What Protection Do I Have?

Your adviser will always endeavour to ensure the products recommended are suitable for you. When the adviser is advising you on regulated products (including investments, insurance and some forms of mortgages) you have the protection of the Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS) and the Financial Services Compensation Scheme (FSCS).

If you are unhappy about the advice or service you have received you should firstly contact the firm that provided the advice or service. This gives them the chance to put things right and/or to provide their own version of events. Should you remain dissatisfied you maybe entitled to refer your complaint to the FOS who will investigate the complaint independently and make a ruling. The FOS work with customers and financial advisers to resolve a complaint, and when they do have to make a ruling it is binding upon the firm. Full details of how to contact the FOS together with information about how to complain are available from their website - or by telephoning 0800 023 4567.

If you try to submit a complaint to a firm and the firm is dissolved, or unable to meet its obligations, you may have recourse to the FSCS (Financial Services Compensation Scheme). This service is funded by levies on firms that are authorised by the Financial Conduct Authority to protect customers where firms have closed or gone into liquidation.

Anything else I should know?

Some financial advisers do give advice on products that are not regulated by FCA – such as general taxation and some Buy-to-Let mortgages. Your adviser will explain to you when you are receiving advice on an unregulated product. It is important you are happy with the advice as you may not have the added protection of the FOS or FSCS when dealing with some unregulated products.



*please mention this web offer when calling